Sunday, December 9, 2007

Baby Steps

My goals this first week were to incorporate more exercise into my life. I've been running about 3 days a week for my marathon training, but I really needed to kick it up a notch with weight training. Since I've never really been all that into weight training and I don't have anyone to show me what to do (like a trainer), I bought 'The Biggest Loser' Fitness book and have been following their circuit training routine. I didn't push myself too hard the first week because I didn't want to overdo it and burn out too quickly. Eating was successful as well. I logged all my food this week in my food diary, but didn't deprive myself if I wanted some random snacks here and there. I refuse to deprive myself during the holidays. This is supposed to be a lifestyle change and I'm never going to want to deprive myself of all the holiday goodies, so why start now? My main goal until the new year is just to maintain my weight and not GAIN, like I have the last several years. I've heard several times this year that most American gain 7lbs during the holidays. I hope that isn't me this year, considering I usually gain way more than 7 lbs. =\

Besides all that, I've been baking up a storm this weekend. A co-worker of mine gave me some ripe bananas so I tried out a new banana crumb muffin. Yum! I suppose I should give him some for donate the bananas to my baking cuase. =) I also tested out a 'butter and jam thumbprints' recipe for a Christmas cooking exchange on Dec 17th. They turned out well, so all is good. This is another reason why I have a hard time losing weight. I LOVE to cook! My inbox is full of recipes that I email to myself when I come across something that looks good online and I have cookbooks up the wazoo. LoL, actually my Amazon wish list is full of books on weight loss/fitness, exercise equipment and cookbooks. Once I get to my goal weight, I'll need to continue to exercise excessively so I can test out all the tasty recipes and still maintain my weight. LoL.

My point? I'm obsessed with food and must learn to lose weight and maintain my weight loss while still enjoying all the yummy things in life.

I did good this weekend, got my grocery list together for healthy lunches and dinners all week and have gotten my exercise schedule together for this upcoming week. *patting myself on the back* Oh, and did I mention an ~8.5 mile run around a mountain in about 1 hr and 40 mins?? Rock on!

Keep on truckin'!

1 comment:

J said...

someone told me that 8 minutes is slow! don't know why. it's still the fastest i've gone so far since starting.

anyway, it looks like you're dead serious about your weight loss. this is good to see. i hope you can keep it up. actually, i know you can. just keep a good attitude and, like you say, keep on truckin'.

i rode 80 miles today, and it was FREEZING.

i'll try to post something soon. i'm just worn..out.