Monday, December 17, 2007

So Not a Runner...

Sunday morning was my long run - 10 miles to be exact. My running partner and I ran an hour out and turned around and came back. That's 2 hours of running people. 2 HOURS. I could have watched a movie in that time... or done a couple loads of laundry... or finished my Christmas shopping. Instead, I was pounding the dirt path by the canals and fighting a constant battle in my brain. You see, I have a love/hate relationship with running. I love that I can see myself improve weekly and I feel a great sense of accomplishment after a great run, but I hate every minute of it. During the actual act of running, I'm constantly fighting the urge to stop and walk or just quit all together and go home. I give myself little pep talks and try to play the hypest music I can find. I just don't think I'll ever be one of those people who LOVES running. It will always be HATE first, then followed with some love.

I was spent after the run, but had to run errands ALL DAY. Talk about hell. Today I was paying for it with tired legs and a weird twinge in my knee. Hopefully all is good with the anatomy because I have an 11-miler this week!

Eating was HORRENDOUS today. We had a cookie exchange at work and I had about 9 billion cooks just to 'taste' to see if they were any good. LOL! Oh, and does Whataburger fries count towards vegetables? (Don't worry, I jest.) Must do better or I will be back to square one when I get back from the holidays.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and rings in the new year with a BANG! <3

No comments: