Saturday, January 5, 2008

Welcome to 2008

It's amazing how fast 2007 went by. So many great things happened and I have tons of great new memories, but I can't help but look at the things I DIDN'T accomplish - namely, my weightloss goal. I lost a total of zero, yes ZERO, pounds in 2007. I had this lofty goal of getting to my goal weight before the wedding and you would think that would be a good motivator, but no. Maybe it was the stress that inhibited me from losing the weight, who knows.

I don't want to focus on the negative though because 2007 was a kick ass year. I accomplished quite a few of my life goals and made some great new friends. Even though I didn't reach my weightloss goal for the umpteenth year in a row, it didn't make this year any less awesome.

Now, technically I don't believe in New Years Resolutions, but I think it's good to have goals for each year to keep you focused and not aimlessly wandering through life unawares. I haven't given this tons of thought though, so this is just going to be a spontaneous brain dump.

1. Buy a bike - It's one of the few activities my hubby will actually partake in.
2. Run a half marathon - That one will be accomplished next weekend, unless an act of God intervenes.
3. Nail down a good weekly exercise routine and stick with it throughout the year (including vacations and holidays!). This routine should include circuit training, cardio and pilates/yoga.
4. Become more educated on what I'm eating and alter my intake to be the healthiest stuff I can possibly provide my body as fuel. (Eat more organic, whole foods and local grocery items)
5. Try new athletic activities to keep exercise new and fun. (At least 3 new activities - #1 being one of them)

I think that about sums up what I'd like to accomplish this year. I'd like to get my hubby more into exercising, but you can't change someone who doesn't want to change. I think I'll work on setting a good example for him and maybe he'll get interested. *crossing fingers* Also, I'd like to try to cook more at home and try a lot of new recipes, but I think that's a given because I love cooking and trying new recipes.

2008 feels like a good year for me. I have high hopes for it and hope I can finally get this weight loss thing under control. I'm thoroughly happy with my athletic progress as far as being able to run a half marathon, etc, but I'm really looking to lose some poundage in 2008. I have good plans and strategies for that, so hopefully all goes well.

I'm sad to say goodbye to 2007 because it was such a great year, but I'm definiely looking forward to good times in 2008. Best wishes to all in the new year!

No comments: