Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cold Feet

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I'm nervous. I don't know if I'm making the right decision. *bites nails*

It's not that I'm worried about the weigh-in per se because my eating has been good and I've been to the gym everyday. I know I haven't packed on any pounds and I know I'm doing the right thing. So why am I so worried about what I'll see on the scale tomorrow morning? It's because that little number can send me into a frenzy quicker than you can say 'freak out'. For some reason when I weigh myself and see a number that I don't like, it turns my world upside down. I just cannot handle it. I get depressed and want to eat everything under the sun. I know it's just a number and it doesn't really mean anything on any given day (water retention, etc), but the scale - she has such power over me. That's why I've decided to stop the insanity and weigh once a month, but I'm dreading the January weigh-in tomorrow. I hope I"m doing the right thing by even weighing once a month. Maybe I should weigh once a quarter. LOL! If that number sends me into a downward spiral, someone help snap me out of it!

I know, calm down, take deep breaths. I can do this...

I will report the outcome this weekend!

1 comment:

J said...

i just can't compete with you. you write too damned much.

don't worry about the scale. just keep doing what you're doing and you'll feel better regardless of what it tells you.