Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More Fun Observations

I dunno if I'm mentioned this before, but I prepare taxes as a second job a few months out of the year. Right now we are in the midst of the crazy final crunch time before it is all over until next year and I'm working hella hours. I have to work every weekday and even all day Saturday during this end-of-season rush, which means I have to wear dress clothes/shoes everyday. This is only something to be pointed out because at my regular 9-to-5 job I don't have to dress up, so it's out of the norm for me to dress like this daily. Anyways, I've noticed that a lot of my dress slacks/skirts don't fit anymore!

How can a measley 10 lb loss do this, you ask? Well, since I've been continually trying to lose weight for the past several years, I've slowly but surely been going down in size. When I break down and buy something expensive, I try to wear it until it looks completely ridiculous on me. That means for this whole winter (beginning part of tax season), I've been wearing size 18 dress slacks that were on the verge of being too big because I was too cheap to buy new ones in a size 16. They were a tad big, but didn't fall off my hips so they stayed in rotation. The newly achieved 10 lb loss has made those slacks completely unwearable - they will not stay up to save my life. The skirt I'm wearing today is being held on with pins! I just need to hold out until next Tuesday and then I won't need to wear dress clothes again until next year. That will give me enough time to save money to restock those items - business attire is expensive!

(Note: I don’t necessarily have that problem with my casual clothes because they are all made out of cotton or elastic type material, so they shrink in the wash. That means I can shrink them down and then stretch them out to my new smaller size when I put them on. =) Most of my dress clothes do not have that elasticity so once they are too big, my only option is to buy new ones or have them altered (which I found out is almost as expensive as buying new ones!!).)

So, the point I was trying to get to with all the above verbose-ness is that I'm actually shrinking because the non-stretchy clothes do not fit anymore! Yay! It's hard for me to look in the mirror and see the progress, but I can definitely gauge it by how my clothes are fitting (or not fitting!).

Also, I LURVE heels, but the cutest ones always hurt my feet. I love the ones with the highest heels the most, but they tear my poor feet right up everytime. I love them so much that I will torture my feet by wearing them even though I know my feet will suffer the consequences the next day (or few days!). Even with just the 10 lb loss, I've noticed that my feet do not hurt as much when I wear heels (which I've been wearing all week and most of last week). I used to bring flip flops to my first job because wearing the heels all day was just too much for my feet, but now I can wear the heels all day without being in agony. Shoes that used to give me blisters, no longer bother me like they once did. Woot! Stilettos here I come!!!

A not-so-fun observation is that I feel like I'm cold ALL THE TIME. I don’t know if it's the weight-loss or just a general freeze going on at my job, but I never used to get cold very often. I guess I’m losing all my insulation. LOL!

Make it a great day everyone!


No comments: