Tuesday, April 22, 2008

SFL Recap of Month 1 (and weigh-in 4)

So this morning was my 1 month anniversary (if you will) of being on the SFL plan and so I had to meet with the doc. She went over my progress and asked me all kinds of questions to make sure everything was going well. This week I lost another 3 lbs, which brings me to 15 lbs lost total since my first weigh-in at SFL. 15 lbs in 1 month! That's so insane!! Also, I've dropped 3% body fat in that month. Rock on! This success has given me renewed vigor to stay on the plan and follow the diet exactly.

That being said, last week was not a good week 'diet-wise'. It was actually the first time since I started SFL that I actually 'cheated'. As I may have mentioned before, I work as a seasonal tax preparer at H&R Block during tax season. Well, on April 15th we were SO BUSY that we didn't even have time to stop and eat dinner. My office manager had forseen this and was kind enough to buy a veggie tray and some toasted wheat thins. So that night my dinner consisted of handfuls of veggies + ranch dip and toasted veggie wheat thins. I ate more than I should have and I think it sent me sort of into a carb-craving tailspin. I guess it didn't help that Aunt Flo had just arrived also. Over the course of the next week or so, I ate bites of my hubby's cereal, a whole wheat banana crumb muffin, rosemary pita chips + hummus, organic cookies sampled from Whole Foods, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on honey wheat bread and some other things I have surely forgotten by now. I, by no means, went way overboard into a full out binge, but I fell off the bandwagon nonetheless.

I'm back in full force now and am rededicating myself to this program. I'm looking for another 15+lbs in the next month. The doc said today that I should be at my goal in another 3 or 4 months. 3 or 4 MONTHS?! That is so insane because it sounds so SOON. I've been struggling with my weight my ENTIRE LIFE and I *might* actually be at my GOAL WEIGHT in 3 or 4 short months? I can't even fathom that.

My jeans that were previously super tight on my azz are now fairly baggy. I think the shopping is going to be necessary a bit sooner than I had hoped. Oh well, it's good and it's bad. Hopefully I can shop at 'normal' stores now instead of the 'fat' stores. =) I think I've gone down a size and am in serious need of cleaning out my closet of clothes that no longer fit! New wardrobe - here I come!

My mom and nephew are planning to come out and visit me around Memorial Day. Wouldn't it be awesome to have dropped another 15 lbs by then and surprise the HEX out of my mom? She's never seen me this thin in my entire teenage/adult life. Crazy! Then I hope to take off another 10 lbs or so by my sister's wedding and shock the pants off the rest of the fam.

I refuse to be known any longer as the 'fat' girl in the family.

Is it completely vain to want to do a big reveal with my old friends from back home too? I MUST acquire a rockin' outfit!!

No comments: