Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Little Victories!

It's the little victories that pull at my heart strings. Today, I put on my jeans (fresh out of the dryer) and noticed that I had a MUCH less prominent muffin top (dare I say, almost NONE at all?!). Oh the joy! That totally made my day. =) Also, a button up shirt that is normally tight fits perfectly today. I'm bursting with joy at the thought of what more is to come with my diligence.

Did I mention here that I'm giving up sodas for the month of April? My train of thought is this - I can give anything up for just a month, right? I gave up all sweets for Lent and am still not eating any. Score! Now, I will attempt to give up diet sodas (don't drink regular sodas) this month. I don't have them often, maybe just one every 2 or 3 days, but I want to completely cut them out. It's for various reasons, but mostly because (1) I hear that artificial sweeteners are bad for your health, (2) I hear that artificial sweeteners can stall your weightloss/cause you to gain weight and (3) I'm slowly but surely trying to cut everything unnatural/unhealthy out of my diet. Who needs 'em anyways? Well, I thought I did for the occasional caffeine boost, but I guess I'll just have to make sure I get my requisite 8 hours of shut eye eh?

Day 1 of the diet soda revolution and I'm not missing them too much. =\

It's been a good day and now it's cookie time! *munch munch munch*

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Go on girl! Banish that muffin top!!!