Monday, March 31, 2008

Do Over! SFL Weigh-in (Week 1)

My starting weight at the Smart for Life center was 208 lbs. That was a Thursday ago (3/20) and I went in today for my first official weigh-in. I got on the scale, not knowing what to expect, and BAM 202 lbs. That means I lost 6 lbs in a week people! That's so crazy. I mean, I know some of it is water weight and some of it might even be muscle loss (I forgot to look at the body fat percentage), but I'll take what I can get baby!

The first week was HARD! Well, the first few days to be more exact. I felt like I was starving and I just couldn't fathom how anyone could stick to this diet, but I wasn't about to throw all the $ I spent away without giving it a fair shot. I'm glad I stuck with it because after the first few days, it got much easier. I was all smiles until the weekend came and my hubby just kept eating all this yummy stuff in front of me while I was stuck eating cookies or my strict dinner of lean protein and veggies. *sigh* Nothing comes without sacrifice eh? I almost caved on a CAESAR salad my hubby was having last night though. Yeah, you read that right, a CAESAR salad. How does someone cave on a diet with SALAD?? Anyways, I can't have it because of the croutons, dressing and cheeeese, but it just looked so good compared to my plain spinach salad and stuffed peppers. I guess it didn't help that I wasn't very impressed with the stuffed peppers. I always find myself craving something that I know tastes *good* after I've eaten something that disappoints my palate.

I have to commend my hubby for helping me stay in line this weekend. Sunday, just about everything he ate made me want to quit this darned diet, but he quickly reminded me how much I want to lose weight and how close I was to meeting my first milestone (getting under 200 lbs!!). That really helped me stay on track. Now, if I could just get him to quit eating all that yummy food right in front of my face…

And as far as that TMI posts goes, I'm feeling much more regular these days. =D

Last week when I went in to get my first batch of cookies, they were all out of the good flavors. Today when I went, they had all the good flavors so I stocked up on them and, boy, am I glad I did. They taste SO much better than the other flavors, so that should help me stay on track this week. No more of that stuffed bell pepper recipe either! Only the best for me… or else I'll never be able to stay on this restrictive diet.

Anyways, here's to another week of success! I'm utterly elated that I lost 6 lbs this week and my heart beats profusely at the thought of being under 200 lbs soon (for the first time since before I was 15!!!).

Keep on truckin'.

No comments: