Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Never-ending Story

I feel like a broken record - "I'm doing everything right, I just can't lose weight!" That's been the story of my life for the past 2 years. Seriously, I'm eating super healthy (whole foods - fruits, veggies, lean proteins, whole wheat carbs, etc). I've even cut out sweets ENTIRELY. I haven't had a cookie, cake, ice cream or candy for a MONTH! For the past 6 weeks or so (or how ever long it was that I started going back to the gym), I've worked out at LEAST 4 times a week. I alternate higher intensity cardio with circuit weight lifting. I burn like 500 cals a day and eat to my calorie allotment that would have me losing 2 lbs a week, yet I've been GAINING!

I DON'T know what my problem is. I've been able to lose weight in the past - which is how I got the first 50 lbs off in the first place, but for the last 2 years, no matter how hard I try, I just CANNOT lose weight. Someone thought I might be allergic to wheat or gluten, so I'm going to try to cut that stuff out this week. Someone else recommended that I eat more calories because my RMR could be higher than I though and I could be 'starving' myself. Yet another person told me to make sure my workouts were intense and that I was getting my heart rate up and a sweat going on. I will try all these things in the last few weeks of this month, but if I still don't see sufficient weightloss, I am going to have to do something drastic.

Drastic meaning expensive. I'll either go see a sports medicine guy that can run a battery of tests on me and hook me up with a nutritionist and trainer for a nominal minimum fee of $600 or I'll join one of these weightloss programs and see if THEY can figure out what the heck is going on with me. I'm basically paying someone to figure out what's wrong with me or to set me up with something that works, since I can't seem to figure out this enigma myself. It SUCKS working so hard and thinking I'm doing SO WELL, just to see the scale go UP.

Also, I didn't take measurements in the beginning, but my clothes aren't fitting any better either. My pants are looser, I can go down to the next notch on my belt, I don't FEEL any thinner. On the contrary, I feel FAT! =\

The only good news I have to report is that I didn't gain any weight while I was away in San Francisco this weekend. That's actually a shocker because I splurged a little here and there and fully expected to gain AT LEAST one pound. Today, I weighed less than I did at last Thursday's weigh-in. Go figure.

I'll just keep on truckin', but someone HELP ME FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT! It's so frustrating...

No comments: