Monday, February 4, 2008

Do Over!

Man, I've been swamped with working two jobs the last week. I've really been meaning to write more often and I have a lot to say, but I just haven't been able to put the time in to write quality posts. I have the capability to update via email, but I'm such a perfectionist that I hate the way the font doesn't match the other entries. I know at some point I could just log on and fix the font, but it would just bug the crap out of me that it was messed up until I fixed it. I don't need that kind of anxiety in my life. =\

On another note, I took a little time to prepare a meal plan and go grocery shopping this weekend, so that's finally under control. I've decided to follow the Body for Life program for the next 12 weeks or so. I've always agreed with Bill Phillips' ideas and always seem to migrate back to his regimen when I'm not experimenting with other diets. His plan is what I would call my 'go to' usual. If I'm not trying Fat Smash or South Beach or whatever else book I've just finished, then it's back to the good old trusty Body for Life. A good friend of mine turned me on to it a long time ago and it's just always stuck. I just need to read up a little on the workout plan so I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning at the gym. That's right, I'm FINALLY going back to the gym tomorrow. It seems like I haven't been there in FOREVER! I can tell too because I feel so gross and disgusting right now. The last few days I've eaten like crap and haven't exercise (in I can't remember how long?). I always get this way when I treat my body like crap... I just feel like a piece of crap. You'd think after experiencing this over and over again, that I would just learn NOT to treat my body like crap. But no, I guess old habits die hard, REALLY HARD.

That being said, I have my lunch packed (breakfast, snacks, lunch AND dinner because I'm working the two jobs tomorrow), my gym bag packed and I'm all ready to go. I feel good about this week and am just going to try my best to follow the Body for Life program as well as I can for a month and then reassess where I am at. I think I just give up too soon on diets and just need to stick it out for longer than a few weeks. I'm going to give it a whole month before I even weigh myself for a second time. I can do this!

My neighbor is trying the Smart for Life diet and I'm curious to see how that works out for her. We have essentially the same amount of weight to lose and if she's successful on it, I might give it a go. I don't exactly fully believe in the process there, but a part of me just wants the weight off. I've been trying to lose this last 50+ lbs for like 1.5 years and it seems like I"m just not getting anywhere. Good thing is that I've been able to maintain a 50+ lb weightloss for that 1.5 years. A part of me wants to just hurry up and get to my goal weight by any means possible because I know I can maintain it. Take the easy way out and just GET to my goal weight by less than ideal means or suffer for who knows how much longer and possibly never get to my goal weight because I was too snotty to give it a try? I don't know. We'll see how I feel after this first month of Body for Life.

I took the day off of work today to just veg out. I've been going non-stop with these two jobs and weekend events and just needed a day to relax and recharge my batteries. I think it did the trick (even though I really feel like I could take the whole week off) and am ready to get back to the daily grind. I seriously need to just take it easy this upcoming weekend. I need to not over-work myself and burn out during these peak time of tax season.

My middle sister (I'm the baby) is getting married on June 21st of this year. I'm going to be one of her bridesmaids. Is it super vain that I just want to look CUTE in the bridesmaid dress instead of a STUFFED SAUSAGE??? I've got less than 5 months. I can do this! I don't want to be dieting and complaning about my weight when I'm like 40! Can I just get this over with already?!

That is all.

No comments: