Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Sweets. They call me...

Today was a tough day for some reason. I've been doing fairly well the last 2 weeks and have been riding on that high for a while. Today, I finally came tumbling down off that high. That's not to say I did poorly with my eating or exercising, I just felt off. The hugeness of the task I'm trying to achieve loomed over my head, the difficulty of getting up early to go to the gym everyday kept creeping into my thoughts and my intermittant failures at resisting temptation kept haunting me. I tried to put those thoughts out of my mind and concentrate on how good I've been doing, but geez I have to lose 65 lbs to get to the TOP of my 'healthy weight range'. 65 lbs!! If I lose 1 lb a week, that will take me well over a YEAR to lose. Eating healthily 24/7 for a year straight? *sigh* Life just ISN'T fair sometimes.

Damn you skinny bitches that can eat whatever you want and never gain a pound! *shaking fists at the sky*

I seriously need to make some more goals for this week. I seem to get easily sidetracked if I don't keep track of goals and my progress toward those goals. And my goals are acheiveable because I'm moving in baby steps. The first week it was mostly about getting my food under control and getting back into the gym consistently. This week, it has been more about getting to the gym as often as possible and getting some decent workouts in. Next week, I'm not sure... how about I start making it a goal that I actually get to the gym on TIME so I can get a decent workout in (lengthwise I mean). I also need to concentrate on making them really good workouts. Yes, this is a good idea. More goals please!

(1) Keep eating in check during the weekend by LOGGING everything in real time (or beforehand).
(2) Try to drink 100 oz of water per day
(3) Get to the gym 5 - 6 times this week, mixing up cardio and weight lifting
(4) Lay off the diet sodas


I think that's enough for this week, especially since today is already Wednesday. LOL!

Next week I seriously need to get my butt out of bed in time and put some QUALITY workouts in. I've been getting to the gym and kind of half-assing it since my only goal was to make it to the gym (I hadn't thought much farther than that). I need to make sure I break a good sweat and really workout those muscles when I'm lifting. I should feel sore the day after lifting! I'll need to research more workout routines so I can keep my muscles guessing and so I don't get bored.

Why does time pass by SO SLOWLY when you are trying to lose weight? When I'm eating like shit and not exercising, time flies by and, before you know it, I've gained several pounds. When I'm busting my ass exercising and eating right 7 days a week, the time just creeps by. I know it's because I'm anticipating the weigh-ins because I'm expecting losses, but GEEZ, let's get a move-on Father Time! I'm cool with only losing 1-2 lbs a week, just let those weeks progress a little quicker! =P

The anti-dieter (dear hubby) has donut holes and Otis Spunkmeyer blueberry muffins in the house. Everytime I go into the kitchen, I hear them calling out to me like sirens. Must.... resist....

Goals for week

No comments: