Thursday, February 21, 2008

What's the Next Challenge?

I totally forgot to report that I totally conquered the revolving step StairMaster last weekend. I went to the gym before my second job on Saturday and was determined to do a crapload of cardio so I would have enough calories to enjoy myself at dinner that night (was going to a new Italian joint with friends - YUM!). The top calorie burners for me are running, elliptical machine and the StairMaster. Much to my surprise (or maybe dismay, LOL), that revolving step StairMaster was open! I quickly hopped on it and started haulin' azz up those fake stairs. It was good times, even though it only lasted 20 minutes (hey, that's the limit on those machines at my gym!). I think next time I'll try to up the level of intensity on it. Yay!

Everything is still on track and going full speed ahead. Tomorrow is weigh-in day for me so I'm both excited and nervous. I know I didn't do that well this past weekend, but hopefully I can still show a decent loss. I've been trying not to have too much sodium today, but I'll try to drink some extra water to be sure. =) Only 14 more lbs before I'm not longer considered 'obese' by BMI standards. I'm trying to be just 'overweight' by Cinco de Mayo.

I'm going to visit a friend of mine who lives in San Jose in about 2 weeks. I'm super excited about it because I've never been there and I've always wanted to go there. We are going to a Cirque Du Soleil show (called Kooza) on Friday night, and awesome steakhouse that serves grass-fed beef and organice veggies (awesome!!) and do all the sight-seeing around San Francisco and the Napa Valley wineries. I need to watch my food intake and make sure I get to the gym. I actually made an effort to make sure my friend's apartment complex had a gym and I'm going to force myself to go. I need to make sure I don't just throw my routine out the window. I want to enjoy myself, but not fly completely off the handle. This is supposed to be a lifestyle change, right? Well, my new lifestyle includes exercising on my vacations, apparently.

I've been struggling with whether or not I should buy new clothes. Most of the stuff I own is size 18 with a couple of 16's thrown in there for good measure. I mean, they still fit without looking completely stupid, but I just don't feel great in them. You know how that is, my self-esteem goes in the dumps if I don't feel like I look good in the clothes I'm wearing. I feel like the clothes are way too big and look goofy on me. That being said, I'm still skeptical about forking out $$ for new clothes because I'm afraid I'm going to lose more weight and have to toss those clothes, too. I've been holding off for like a year on buying new clothes because of this. I keep telling myself that it would be a waste of money to buy new clothes because they'll be too big for me to wear soon. Yeah, my track record? I haven't lost jack shiz in like 1.5 years. LOL. That means I have A LOT of really old, outdated and worn out clothes in my closet that I've been wearing over and over again. I'm SO ready for a new wardrobe! Come on 20 lbs, get the hex out of here so I'm FORCED to buy at least a few new things (because NOTHING in my closet will fit me then).

Onward and DOWNward... ONEderland here I come. =)

No comments: