Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! <3

I love holidays and I'm feeling very festive in my spicy red shirt and black heels today. I'm mostly just dressed up for lunch with my hubby today at P.F. Chang's. Don't worry, I'm going to get brown rice, cantonese shrimp and maybe the steam shrimp wonton appetizer - a measely 650 calories total. That's nothing considering I burned about 500 off at the gym this morning. =)

Oh, speaking of the gym, I conquered the StairMaster today! *ROAR* I think the first time I just psyched myself out because I knew the StairMaster was hard. I've always been intimidated by it because I only ever saw skinny people on it. I thought that it must just be too insanely hard for a fat person to do. Anyways, my first attempt was on Tuesday and I made it through 10 minutes before I sulked away to the elliptical trainer. I decided to give it another shot today, just to try to make it to 15 minutes. Well, I made it to 15 minutes, then to 20 and then all the way to 30 minutes. That's as long as I had planned on exercising today, so ROCK ON! It wasn't even THAT hard - I think it was more of a mental thing than a physical inability to handle that machine. There are two different kinds of StairMasters though - 1 that has revolving stairs and 1 that has 2 pedals that you step up and down on. I have only gotten to do the one with the pedals because the one with the revolving stairs is ALWAYS taken up by the skinny b*tches. LOL! The next time I see one of those open on my cardio day, I'm so on it! I'll let you know how that goes…

Man, I am feeling GOOD about my weightloss journey these days. I have newfound strength to resist the yummy Valentine's day cookies and sweets that are just a few feet away from my desk right now. I have the determination to get up and take my butt to the gym daily. I have the desire to eat only what I pre-planned and pre-packed for myself (that's within my calories). I finally feel like I can really do this. The weight seems to be coming off slowly, but I'm only aiming to lose about 20 lbs this year. If I can stick with this and lose more, I'll be happy as a pig in mud.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day. I was only going to weigh myself once a month, but now that I have my groove back I think it's safe to weigh once a week. Weighing once a week was really getting to me because I would do HORRIBLY on the weekend and then try really hard during the week and expect a loss on Friday. When I didn't see that loss, it sent me to a crazy place and sabotaged all my efforts. Now that I'm doing everything I need to do (even keeping my weekends in check), I think the Friday weigh-ins will be more empowering than depressing. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow! =)

As far as Valentine's Day goes, I don't have any huge plans. Hubby and I are doing lunch today, where I will give him a card filled with my gushings about it, but then we both have to work until 9pm. We might do dinner this weekend at a nicer restaurant, but I think I want to keep it low-key. I know there's going to be a bazillion people out this weekend on their V Day dates and I just don't want to deal with that. We have a group outing with friends on Saturday, so that is all that 'dealing with people' I can handle for this weekend. Hopefully my hubby doesn't give me candy because I can't eat any of those (I've given up sweets for Lent). I'm hoping for a new purse for summer!

Have a Lovely Valentine's Day!

No comments: