Monday, February 18, 2008

Today is a New Day

My willpower is not stronger than my desire to eat. I know that now.

Friday I was right on target. I worked out (crazy intense lower body lift), went to work, made homemade Salisbury Steak for my hubby for dinner and just watched a movie. Perfect day, by health standards anyway. Saturday, I went to the gym (50 min cardio workout!), went to my second job and then went to dinner with friends. We went to an italian joint called Rigatony's and I planned on getting a South Beach Diet inspired meal called 'Chicken and Shrimp Primavera', which was made with whole wheat spaghetti. All good right? When my hubby ordered fried calamari, I didn't have a bite. Yay me! Then, the salad and bread came out. I thought to myself, "One or two bites won't hurt." I ended up having a big ol' plate of salad (salami, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pepperonici, olives, cheese, dressing, etc) and a huge slice of bread. It was so good, I couldn't stop myself. =\ Technically, after I logged my guestimates in MyFoodDiary, I was still in the weightloss zone, but excruciatingly close to being over my weight loss calories. Overall, still a decent day.

Then came Sunday.

For some reason, I was seriously craving sweets, but couldn't eat any because I have given them up for Lent. Instead of just giving in (when technically it's ok to give in to the things you've given up for Lent on the Sundays between Ash Wednesday and Easter Sunday - wikipedia it, it's true!), I just ate everything else that wasn't sweets. Leftovers from the italian dinner the night before, baked Cheetos, Taco Bell (2 fresco style chicken soft tacos, 1 crunchy taco and half of my hubby's Mexican pizza!), strawberries, yogurt, a sugar free popsicle, stuffed mushrooms, thin crust pizza for dinner and a big bowl of cereal before bed. Technically, I didn't break my vow for Lent, but instead I ended up eating enough food to push me 1,000 calories over my maintainence cals. That translates to gaining 1.9 lbs if I ate like that for 1 week. =\ *sigh* I probably could have saved myself a lot of calories if I had just eaten 1 of my hubby's donut holes or one of his Otis Spunkmeyer Blueberry Muffins (see?? I told you I live with the anti-dieter!!). Oh well, lesson learned. I REALLY have to make sure and have a plan for what I'm going to eat next Sunday. Obviously, playing it by ear does NOT work. I guess it didn't help that I wasn't logging my food in real time, this morning I logged everything I could think of from yesterday and saw the damage. That seriously depressed me because I am so disappointed in my behavior from yesterday. I guess all I can do is deal with it, make a plan for next time and move on.

It just sucks because I was doing so well and then took a flying leap off the bandwagon yesterday for NO REASON. Thinking back on it, I'm sure it was because of lack of planning. I just cannot 'wing it' and stay on plan. I will plan my meals out for Sat AND SUNDAY for this week and see how it goes. What's the saying? Failing to plan is planning to fail.

On top of all that mess from yesterday, I didn't make it to the gym this morning. *tsk tsk* Shame on me! I WILL get back into it tomorrow. My eating WILL be on point today to help make up for the damage from yesterday. I WON'T let this derail me or throw me into a weird downward spiral of depression. It was just one day, get on with your life! Breath.

I ate so horrendously yesterday that I woke up with HEARTBURN this morning. Geez....

No comments: