Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yay!

My first 'perfect' day, meaning I exercised hard (full body circuit this morning) and ate exactly what I had planned for myself. No snacking, no over-eating, no slacking on exercise. I was at my calorie limit for the day and already feel sore from my workout this morning. Rock on! I can already feel the endorphins pulsating through my body. Go me!

I finally feel like I have the groove back. I have control over my eating and have gotten back into the routine of working out before work. Granted, it's only been a good DAY and not a good WEEK yet, let alone a good MONTH, but it's definitely a good start. I feel good about it and think I can maintain this focus through the weekend. That's the hardest part for me, the weekend. If I can keep my momentum through the weekend, then next week will be a breeze. =) (Do you think I could use 'good' any more often in that paragraph? LOL)

I'm not that religious nor do I go to church very much, but I've decided to do something for Lent. A co-worker of mine asked me what I was giving up and caught me off guard. I hadn't actually thought about it until just then and decided I was going to give up 'processed sugars that are bad for me'. LOL! Mostly, I need to stay away from sweets because they are triggers for me and can send me into an ugly downward spiral. I worded it in that fashion though because I don't plan on giving up all SUGAR, per se. I'm still going to eat fruit, bread and all those other healthy things that have sugar in them. Just the bad sugars, stay away!

I have to admit that I already failed though. =( I decided yesterday to give up sweets and then when I went to my second job, I totally chowed down on 3 of those peachy candy thingies that are covered in sugar. It was an accident though, they were there and I mindlessly picked them up and ate 3 of them. I wasn't hungry, I wasn't craving them, I didn't even like them all that much - I just ate them because they were THERE. I didn't even REALIZE what I had done until I was driving home after work! No wonder I got so fat. I just mindlessly eat anything lying around! Anyways, I figured since I didn't do it consciously that I can start over. =D

I've decided to give myself small goals each week to focus on and gauge my progess. This week it's...
(1) Get to the gym at least 4 times (been twice already)
(2) Do my Pilates DVD at home on Sunday
(3) Drink AT LEAST 60 oz of water a day, trying to work up to 100 oz
(4) Keep my calories in the 'Weight Loss Zone', meaning eat so that I would actually lose weight and not gain. =\
(5) Try to curb evening snacking by being prepared.

So far, so good on those goals. Next week I'll try to set more ambitious goals, until I reach PERFECTION! LOL, yeah right! I would like to make each day better than the last though.

Ok, off to La La Land so I can get up in the morning and take my happy butt to the gym again! Woohoo! Cardio Day!

1 comment:

J said...

good job. now STICK WITH IT! carry healthy snacks with you so you don't go grabbing for the candy.

ouch. i have this little zit below my right eyebrow that really hurts when i touch it.